Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Peek-a-Boo Pocket Gift Card

This last gift card holder is called a "Peek-a-Boo" Pocket. I saw the basic idea for it on the paperwishes.com web site back last summer and created the .cut file back then. Again, I think it's pretty obvious how to "fold" to get your gift card holder but I've included some photos to show you where to fold. Glue the bottom flap (the one with the oval) on the left and right sides after you have folded it up so that you leave it open at the top where the oval is cut out of it. This is where the gift card goes. The open circle on the band was cut with a Spell Binders Nestabilities die cut. Uses the George cartridge.
The final finished folded size is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Download the Peek-a-Boo Pocket Gift Card Holder .cut file here.