Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:

All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.

PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Yudu

My DS, 12, has a school project later this week. He has been working on it with a group of classmates. They have a "Euro-Fair" at school. Each group of students has a country that they are responsible for researching and presenting on. His was England. We used my Yudu for him to make t-shirts for his group. I found an black and white image of "Big Ben" and the "Tower Bridge" to use for the shirts. We used a font of the computer to print the word "England" and "Euro-Fair 2009". We tried white t-shirts with black ink and red t-shirts with white ink. We liked the white shirts with the black ink best. The white ink seemed to "fade" on the red shirt. (This picture was taken right after we finished the shirts, it continued to "fade" so it looked more gray then white). I also found the Plantin for the shirt way too sticky and the one shirt we did that we "stuck down" this way seemed to get stretched out of shape. The rest we just taped down without using the "sticky" side of the plantin (we just left the white cover on it). This was a very "detailed" design and on the whole, they turned out great.