Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Joy Fold Cards Created with DazyCutr and DD Kaitlyn

DazyCutr (Rheba) from the Cricut MB and I try to get together once a week to work with our cricuts. It had been a couple of weeks since we had been able to do so what with the end of school for me and then her Granddaughter getting married in Texas a few weeks ago. So, we finally got together last week. My DD, Kaitlyn, was able to go with me. When we got there, Rheba wanted to know if we wanted to make "Joy Fold Cards". Seems like they had become all the rage in the past few weeks on the Cricut MB while I was "away". It is my understanding that the original form came from Split Coast Stampers. The name was because the lady who created it was creating it for a friend name Joy. (If I can find that link I wll come back and Edit and post it here!)
Since, I had no idea what she was talking about at that point, we said sure. Here are the two cards that Kaitlyn and I made for Father's Day. The Duck Card is Kaitlyn's and the Boat Card is mine. My DS has already claimed the Boat Card to give to his Dad! The Duck is from New Arrival cartridge and the Boat is from the Paper Dolls cartridge (I think!). The words on the Boat Card, "Happy Father's Day" and "You're One of a Kind" came from the Wildcard cartridge (again, I think!). We had a great time making these and a great teacher! Thank you for showing us how to make them Rheba! Kaitlyn has made another for a friend and I have made a .cut file that I will be sharing in just a moment. I hate trying to cut straight lines with my paper cutter so I thought - hmmmm. . . . . . this would be a very simple .cut file to create and so I did! I will make a separate post for it in a moment. I have two versions, one for the Expression and one for the Smaller Bugs (Baby or Original and the Create). Both use George.