Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Hello Again!

Just wanted to say hello. I knew it had been a while since I had added anything to my Blog, but I hadn't realized that it had been more then a month.  I'm sorry if you are a "follower" who has been looking for new projects.  I haven't had a lot to share lately and didn't seem like anybody was missing me any way!  LOL

My last post said that my cervical vertabrae issues had reared their ugly head again.  I was having lots of pain issues at that time, they have abated some what.  Surgery is probably coming BUT I hope later then sooner.  We are doing the wait and see for now.  Right now I am doing okay with it all.

Anyway, in addition to that, I then went out of town to Disney World with my Family for a mini Fall Break  (getting used to not being able to ride the roller coasters and other rides anymore!) :(, then we returned to host an exchange student from El Salvador for 10 days including over Halloween.  We are now getting ready for DD to cheer for her MS Baseketball teams and to play on a competitive traveling Volleyball team while DS is playing league Basketball and getting ready for MS baseball team tryouts next week.  DS left today for a school trip to Barrier Island, SC for the week.  So, as you can see I haven't had much time to create.

I did get the Gypsy as noted in my last post.  I was somewhat disappointed in it and its lack of some of its basic features initially.  However, I was willing to have faith in PC to fix the problems.  The biggest problems that I saw was the flipping/welding issue and the inability to swap files between DS and the Gypsy.  Even with those major concerns, I did decide to keep it and uploaded ALL of my carts to it.  However, after my initial playing with it, I hadn't done a lot with it because of the issues it had and little time on my part. However, last week PC finally released a new update to the DS software and the Gypsy Synch software that seems to have fixed the major concerns/problems.  That has made me happy and I have done some new projects with the Gypsy.  I will post them later this week along with some other projects I had done previously but hadn't gotten posted.  I would suggest that if you have the Gypsy that you get the most recent updates - they will make things run much more smoothly.

Finally - DazyCutr (Rheba) from the Cricut MB may share my blog to post some of her beautiful card creations.  I have mentioned it to her before, I'm hoping we can start to do that soon.  If you haven't seen her work on the MB before, you are in for a treat.  If you are familiar with Rheba's work, you know how wonderful her creations are.

If anyone's out there reading this - thanks for checking in and I hope to have more projects to share with you soon.  If you have any ideas/suggestions that you would like to see or have created leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do!