Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Baseball Mom - Make the Cut and SVG Files available


Well, since I got my baseball file ready I've been trying to come up with my T-shirt design.  The obvious one is  "MOM" with the baseball serving as the "O" in Mom.  I've tried a couple of different configurations.  Since our school is Spartans, I tried a Spartan head in the middle of the baseball.  Problem is, to get it small enough you lose the teeny tiny little pieces of the helmet and I didn't like that.  Then I tried the player's number on the baseball.  I think I like that BUT - I don't know yet what number my DS is so I can't make my shirt until I know that!  However, I wanted to go ahead and share my Make the Cut and SVG files for the "Baseball Mom" here on the blog.  I am going to post only the file without a number added.  However, I am showing it to you both with and without the number added to the file.  It is very simple to add your number to the baseball if you want it there.  I used the font "Freshman" that I have on my computer.  It is an athletic style block lettering that I use a lot for sports stuff.  This is also what I used for the Ms in "MOM". In Make the Cut, go to your Text tab, select the Font you wish to use and then click the add Text Buton to to add your text.  Once it is on your mat, resize as needed and place where you desire.  I would suggest keeping it on its own layer if cutting it separately.  However, if you want it to "cut out" of the white part of the middle of the ball, you would "join" the number to that part. I plan to use mine with Heat Set Vinyl to make a T-shirt for me to wear to games.  I may add the school name above the Mom and may add a baseball bat between the school name and the Mom or lean it up against the school name.  Once I get my final design figured out (once I know my DS's jersey number) and my shirt made I will share it here on the blog.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible but know that I am not always able to check the blog everyday so it may be several days before I answer.  Thanks for stopping by.

Download the Baseball MOM Make the Cut file here.

Download the Baseball MOM SVG file here.