Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Using Heat Set Vinyl to Create my Volleyball Mom Wardrobe

Large Logo on Sweatshirt
Hello.  My DD plays on a competitive travel volleyball club in the winter and spring.  Since she was new to this particular club this season, I didn't have a "team wardrobe" to wear to the tournaments so I decided to create my own!  I have put that logo on many things in a variety of sizes!!  I have been the vinyl queen lately it seems.  I have created a logo with her name for my car, I have created it large and put it on a sweatshirt, I have created it small and put in on a pocket of a tee and on a hat.  I have added it to a scarf and a sailor shirt.  I then created my own design using the club's name, a volleyball for the O in MOM and her number and added it to some t-shirts and a backpack!  Of course, everyone wanted to know where I had gotten it all!  Then I told them I had made it myself and how little it cost me!!  They couldn't believe it and it was so easy!!!  I have the logo broken based on colors.  However, depending upon what color shirt or item you put them on, you wouldn't always need vinyl for that color.  If I put on a navy shirt, the shirt serves as the navy background. If I put on an orange shirt, the orange part does not need to be added.  ( To do this, you have to modify and join and weld different parts depending upon where you need to allow a color to "show" through.)

Small Logo on Sailor Shirt
Since then, one of the ladies who works at the club had a baby shower there. I created a onsie, a baby towel, a blanket, a bib, and a burp cloth all with the club's logo on them as her gift.  The "wrapping" was a plush toy dump truck Easter Basket that I put the club logo on the side of! Everyone thought I was so clever - and I am - with my scanner, my die cut machine, some heat set vinyl and my Make the Cut software!!  Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of the baby stuff!!  But here are some pictures of some of my "wardrobe"! Remember when working with Heat Set Vinyl that you want to put on clothing - you must MIRROR the image before cutting it out!!  Plus, the heat set vinyl goes "SHINY SIDE" DOWN on your mat before you cut it all out!  Ask me how I know you want to remember these 2 important items!  LOL!

Logo on Backpack Pocket
I doubt that too many of you have the need for the K2 Logo unless your child plays for them as well! LOL but I will share my volleyball mom cut file here with you. I put this on some t-shirts and a backpack.

Download the Volleyball Mom Make the Cut file here.

Download the Volleyball Mom SVG file here.

This is what the "MOM" with Volleyball for the O looks like from a screen shot. You would need to add the number of your player where my DD's number 14 is shown here. (It is not in the svg file, it is in the MTC for visual aid only on another layer).