Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Some Simple and Quick Birthday Cards










My DD and I made a lot of simple cards that we gave to my mother-in-law at Christmas for her to use to send out to friends and family. She recently mentioned that she needed "more" birthday ones as she had sent out the last one! LOL So, I went to work making some quick and simple cards. I used card bases that I had previously purchased. Some were plain white, others had a design already on the front that I "added" to. Here are a few samples of some of those cards.


The first card used a plain white base, cut a piece of "dotted paper" to fit and applied to the front of the card. Then added a cupcake cut from A Child's Year to it and used stickles on the cupcake and around the edge of the dotted paper. Inside it says "Happy Birthday Cupcake."


The second card also used a plain white base, cut a piece of paper with different types of ice cream (including a popcicle on it, used a marker to "outline" the edges (Be careful when you do this - I used one that "bled" through to the inside top of the card and so I then used an inside liner paper to cover that up!). The popcicle cut was cut from the Doodlecharms cartridge (I think!). I added some marker around its edges and some stickles to it. The small blue oval was cut out for the "saying" I wanted on the front which is "how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were." I lked that as most of us remember having popcicles as children. Inside it simply says Happy Birthday.


The third card had "birthday" grettings all over the front of the card already. So, I simply added the silhouette cut of 3 children playing together from A Child's Year cartridge to the front of the card and inside again used the stamp that said "how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were."


3 simple but quick birthday cards. Hope someone likes them! I do these "simple" because I figure they are "looked at" and then tossed so I don't put a lot of work into them!