Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Monday, September 21, 2009

"Interactive Card" - .cut file for Expression or Smaller Bugs


Here is an "interactive card" that I made based on information I found on-line with the Paper Crafts Magazine.  The article was from October, 2008 and was entitled "Boo Bats Card".  It can be found on-line at http://www.papercraftsmag.com/articles/Boo_Bats_Card_pc1008.   The Designer is listed as Bonnie Billings. The card has a large round "window" cut out of the front  with "strings" in the window to which you attach an "accent" that will then "spin".  In their card sample, they used bats.  In mine, I used ghosts. 


In the other sample card I'm posting I "messed up" and attached my front cover paper before I had added the string!  Since I was using my Xyron perm. adhesive there was no getting that paper back up to put in the string!  LOL  So, on the "Bewitching" card, I added an "inside" layer to the top of the card to be my "moon" and then added my flying witch cut with SCAL to it so it doesn't actually move on that card.  However, it does show another way to use this card base .cut file!  LOL  If I had remembered to have added my string first, the witch would have been "flying" on the string and the orange "moon" paper would have been the liner on the inside back of the card and you would have "seen" into the card.

The "ghosts" on the Ghost card are from Everyday Paper Dolls I think.  The blue paper had "ghosts" on it but then I stamped more ghosts and the wording onto the front cover and used stickles around the circle edge and paper edging (because I didn't get my paper lined up straight!  LOL) The "flying witch" is a .svg file I created and is available from last Friday's post here on my blog.  Here is the .cut file for the card base:

Download the "Square with Interactive Circle cut  Card Base" .cut file for the Small Bugs here. Note:  the .cut file for the small bugs cuts one 1 card.  Finished card size is 5 1/4" square and will need a square envelope for mailing.  I believe this also requires extra postage when mailing.  :(

Download the "Square with Interative Circle cut Card Base" .cut file for the Expression here. Note: the .cut file for the Expression macine cuts 2 cards.  The finished card size is 5 1/4" square and will need a square envelope for mailing.  I believe this also requires extra postage when mailing.  :(

Notes:  I used a strong light gray embriodery thread for my string.  I would have used fishing line but didn't have any handy!  LOL  They used "elastic cording" in their directions.  Any "string" you have that you like should work just fine.   They used 2 pieces of string and applied 3 bats.  I used 2 and applied 2 ghosts.  You could use only 1 and apply one object or more and apply more. *  You will need to cut 2 of any object that you are applying to the string.  You will "back" them together with the string running between. 

Supplies - paper for card base, paper for outside card "top" and for inside "liner".  String, wire or elastic cording. Die cuts of choice (make sure you have two of each to layer them together with string in between.) Other items as desired to finish decorate card (stamps for wording, etc.).  Envelope for 5 1/4" Square Card.