Some Basic Information About My Site and My Files:

First a note about my files:



All my files are for personal use. I do not charge for any files I create. I share them here for others to use for personal use only. Please do not use them to submit for contests, etc. without getting my permission first. Please give credit where credit is due. I will try to do the same. This means I will try to identify where I got an item or a project if I didn't create it myself and there is an identifable source. Sometimes however I use basic clipart or coloring pages. You may however share these files with others for their personal use (you may not charge for them - you may pass them on for free) or you may point them here to my blog to get the files themselves. If a download file is available, it will appear at the bottom of the post and will be in a different color text.



PLEASE NOTE: I reside in the USA where we use the MM/DD/YYYY date format on computers (and in everything else we do!) If you are outside the USA where they use the DD/MM/YYYY date format on computers, you MAY experience an "Unhandled exception" error when you try to open one of my Cricut DS files. It is an error related to the date format. An easy fix is available at SusanBlueRobot's Blog. Susan has a simple HexEdit program and directions which will allow you to alter the date so you can use the files. Note: This is only an issue if the save date of the file is after the 12th of the month! It is also only an issue with DS files. I have never seen this issue with MTC or SCAL.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Pencil Box" created with Design Studio, Plantin Schoolbook and Expression Machine

Okay, I admit it. I like to create "boxes". This "Pencil Box" was created after unloading some pencils from a box bottom. There was only the bottom, not a top. I thought, ooh - that would make a cute box and would be so easy to do! So, here it is. Due to its size, you will need the Expression Machine which is why I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to create it. Even with the 12x12 mat, I had to alter the design from the orginal box a little. They had "extra" end flaps on the ends that folded back over for extra support. I have not marked or "ticked' the score lines, I think that is obvious. If you have problems with it, let me know.


It would make a great "pencil box", treat box, or simply a little rectangular gift box. You decide what to use it for. If you download the file and use it, please send me a picture(s) of what you did with it. I'll even post your pics to show off your work! I like seeing my work put into "action" by others! Of course, I think many of you are more like me, a "collector" of other people's .cut, .scut and .svg files for that "just in case" moment in the future. LOL - its okay to admit it - I have!! LOL

You can download the Pencil Box .cut file here.

Note that the file contains two pages for the "top" of the box. One Top page is a solid top, simply cut and assemble. The second Top page has an oval cut out so you can "see" into the box. Just choose which Box Top you want to use and cut 1. If you use the Oval cut out, the 3rd page has the oval enlarged to cut from transparency (or contrasting or coordinating paper) so that you can adhere it inside the box top easily. You could always find a different shape and replace the oval with one you like - the sky's the limit - or maybe that should be your designs on your cartridges are your only limits! LOL
Note: this file is a .cut file created with DS.  It will not work with SCAL.  It requires Plantin Schoolbook and the Expression. Thanks for stopping by!